Brewers Basketball were formed in 2011, playing in the North Wales Basketball League. The club has won multiple local league championships and in 2018 became the first team in history to achieve the Welsh Grand Slam, winning the North Wales Basketball Association triple crown of league, playoff and cup titles before claiming the Welsh National Championship – the Terry Price Cup – in an unbeaten season.
While the Brewers had an established social media presence, their old website was a WordPress.com site. The site lacked the flexibility required to showcase the club and their players, fans and sponsors at their best.
The club came to Quarry & Castle with a clear list of requirements for their new site:
- the site needed to be independently and reliably hosted, with their own chosen domain name.
- it was vital that the club members could update the website as and when required.
- the site needed to complement the club’s existing branding and also showcase the club’s popular social media setup.
- the club did not want to lose the archives of match reports, team news and other content from the old site.
In addition, the club had to have the new site up and running before the start of the next basketball season, a tight deadline.
Over to Quarry & Castle’s web team!
* The club’s chosen domain name was available – Quarry & Castle organised the purchase and setup of the custom domain name. The hosting of the site was moved to Quarry & Castle’s professional level Siteground hosting setup, ensuring top level performance.
* A clean, light, modern and informative responsive design was chosen for the site, matched to the Brewer’s existing branding.
* Sections for news, fixtures, players roster & honours were created.
* Chosen sections of the old site were migrated to the new, ensuring the club’s archive was available going forward.
* A ticker, counting down to the team’s next match, was added to the front page.
* The team’s Instagram photos and latest YouTube video feature prominently.
* The player statistics are automatically updated on the site, via an integration with Google Sheets.
* Specific user roles were setup to allow the team to add/edit the team news section.
* A Contact Us section was added to the site, making it easy for any potential new players to get in touch with the club.
* The new site was handed over to the club, via a series of one-to-one content management creationtraining sessions, in time for the new basketball season.
“…a stunning-looking website that will help improve our club’s reach, visibility and ability to attract new sponsors…”
“…they did it without needing any deadline extensions…”
“…The result was a club website that rivals that of a professional team.”
Quarry & Castle are delighted with the outcome of our partnership with the Brewers. It has allowed us to show how much we care about some of our core values, namely passion, teamwork, trust and quality while giving us the opportunity to give something back to our local community. We wish the Brewers all the best in this and every future season – #upthebrewers!
Do you need a new website? Or are you having issues with your current site? Need help with a new technology install, or an independent review of your existing business processes? Quarry & Castle can help. Give us a call on 07902 980105 or get in touch here – we’d love to know what we can do to help your business grow!